Phone: (908) 725-4044
(908) 722-4111 ext. 5
Fax: (908) 704-9124
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
*** Closed on all major holidays ***
Phone calls accepted 9:00 am – 3:45 pm
Please allow five (5) business days for a report to be completed.
It is recommended to call ahead of time to make sure your report is completed and ready for pick-up.
Please have your case or incident number available.
No information from police reports are given over the phone.
If you are unable to respond during our normal business hours, pick-up can be arranged after hours at the Communications (Dispatch) window.
A nominal fee is charged for all reports.
Police reports will NOT be faxed or mailed!
Police Records which are Exempt from the Open Public Records Act (OPRA) include:
- Autopsy Reports
- Child Abuse
- Sexual Assault
- Computer Security Information
- Criminal Investigatory Records
- Credit Card Numbers
- Grand Jury Testimony Information
- Grievance Information with Public Employer
- Domestic Violence Data
- Driver’s License Numbers
- DYFS Information
- Electronic Surveillance Materials
- Emergency Procedures
- Employee Sexual Harassment Complaints
- Fingerprint Cards
- Inter-Agency or Intra-Agency Advisory Communications
- Juvenile Records
- Labor Negotiation Information
- Medical Examiner Photographs
- Otherwise Inappropriate Material
- Pension and Personnel Records
- Pre-Sentence Investigations
- Public Agency Insurance Communications
- Safety of Persons or Public
- Security Measures and Surveillance Techniques
- Sealed Court Records
- Social Security Numbers
- Unlisted Telephone Numbers
- Victim Records