Phone: (908) 725-4044
(908) 722-4111 ext. 5
Fax: (908) 704-9124
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
*** Closed on all major holidays ***
Phone calls accepted 9:00 am – 3:45 pm
Please allow five (5) business days for a report to be completed.
It is recommended to call ahead of time to make sure your report is completed and ready for pick-up.
Please have your case or incident number available.
No information from police reports are given over the phone.
If you are unable to respond during our normal business hours, pick-up can be arranged after hours at the Communications (Dispatch) window.
A nominal fee is charged for all reports.
Police reports will NOT be faxed or mailed!
We are excited to now offer the ability to print your motor vehicle crash report right from home. Click on the image above or click: https://policereports.lexisnexis.com//search/ and follow the prompts to locate your specific crash report. You will still have the ability to stop into Police Headquarters to pick-up your report as well.
Police Records which are Exempt from the Open Public Records Act (OPRA) include:
- Autopsy Reports
- Child Abuse
- Sexual Assault
- Computer Security Information
- Criminal Investigatory Records
- Credit Card Numbers
- Grand Jury Testimony Information
- Grievance Information with Public Employer
- Domestic Violence Data
- Driver’s License Numbers
- DYFS Information
- Electronic Surveillance Materials
- Emergency Procedures
- Employee Sexual Harassment Complaints
- Fingerprint Cards
- Inter-Agency or Intra-Agency Advisory Communications
- Juvenile Records
- Labor Negotiation Information
- Medical Examiner Photographs
- Otherwise Inappropriate Material
- Pension and Personnel Records
- Pre-Sentence Investigations
- Public Agency Insurance Communications
- Safety of Persons or Public
- Security Measures and Surveillance Techniques
- Sealed Court Records
- Social Security Numbers
- Unlisted Telephone Numbers
- Victim Records