Bridgewater, NJ – The Bridgewater Police Department along with many towns in the County and State have received numerous reports of car burglaries in recent weeks. Most of these burglaries have been from unlocked motor vehicles parked on the street or in driveways during the overnight hours. The Bridgewater Police Department is offering the following tips on how you can avoid being a victim of a car burglary:
- Do not leave valuables in plain view:
(GPS devices, laptop’s, PDA’s, cell phones, MP3’s, wallets, purses)
- Do not leave windows or sunroof open.
- Do not leave doors unlocked.
- Do not leave keys in the vehicle.
- Do not leave the garage door opener in plain view.
- Do not leave out items with personal information.
- Do not move valuable items to the trunk while in public view.
- Do not leave your vehicle unattended and idling for any period of time.
Slow down and use common sense before you leave your car! Report any suspicious activity to the Police immediately!