Always report any suspicious activity to the police.
We are only a phone call away.
Police Communications: (908) 722-4111 ext. 0
- Secure your home when you leave, even for short periods of time
- Make sure all windows and doors are secure before sleeping or vacationing
- Close window shades and curtain as much as possible
- Do not leave any valuables where they can be seen through windows and doors
- Install motion-activated lighting systems around the exterior of your home
- Stop delivery of mail and newspapers while you are away for extended periods
- Have at least one light on an automatic timer on the first floor of your home
- Have a neighbor pick up any packages at your house while you are away
- Install and utilize burglar alarm systems
- Keep your garage door closed, even when you are homeFor a home security check, read the following information here.
- Always lock your car doors.
- Never leave any valuables in plain view, including loose change.
- Never leave your keys in the ignition. It only takes a few seconds while you’re not looking for a suspect to drive off in your car. It is also illegal to leave your car idiling.